Friday, January 2, 2009

Rewards, Greater than Money

One of the wonderful things about helping others is when you inspire others to help and do the same. Sometimes the energy you put into something can be the catalyst for others to motivate and continue to spread the energy you initially generated.

My friend, Sigal, lives in Los Angeles. She's a photographer and married to my friend Philip who's a wonderful effects artist. After she saw what I was doing with We Are The Weapon and collecting scarves for the homeless, she decided to take action of her own. She went out to old navy and bought 75 scarves at Old Navy and donated them to the homeless. She sent me this message on Facebook:
Hi Larimie,
Happy Holidays. You inspired me with your wearetheweapon.org I purchased 75 scarves, hats and gloves at oldnavy.com ($1.49 each plus shipping a great deal) and we will be donating them to the homeless people here in LA.

Thank you very much, Sigal

Sigal, thanks for being a wonderful person and contributing to your community and those less fortunate than you. Your children will learn wonderful things from your kindness.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Larimie, I just see this post for the first time.
    Maggie and I went to Santa Monica and Venice on a very cold day. It was a pure joy to see Maggie having such good time giving out the Scarves, Hats and Gloves. She learned an important lesson and I plan to keep doing it. Thanks again for the inspiration.
    Sigal

    ReplyDelete